Print Marketing: Use Posters and Flyers to Promote Your Business
These days, the Internet dominates many marketing channels. But don’t throw away those hefty catalogs in frustration just yet. Our perceptions of print marketing have changed, but our need for it hasn’t. In fact, it may be just what your business needs.
Here are 6 reasons not to put all your eggs in the e-commerce basket:
- You can’t draw on the Internet. Well, you sort of can. It’s called Paint. However, I can tell you from first-hand experience that it doesn’t match up to Posters or Flyers in all their paper glory. Think random notes, local artist tags, or space for doodling.
- The Internet doesn’t jump out at you. Well, it used to. But thank goodness it doesn’t anymore. And any site that still has pop-up ads is probably going to give you a virus anyway. A bold and colorful Poster will stand out to anyone who passes by.
- Posters and Flyers stick around. Unlike a web page, you can’t close a Flyer when it’s posted to your local café window or bus stop. Flyers get passed on and tend to end up in some pretty interesting places, so they can reach people you never thought possible.
- The Internet doesn’t stay the same. It changes constantly. It even has bugs that prevent it from working properly. I guarantee you’ve never missed a Poster or Flyer due to technical difficulties.
- You can’t pass the Internet out on the street. Again, you sort of can. It’s called Foursquare and people use it to advertise locally. But for those that don’t have Foursquare and for those that do, you can advertise with an interesting Poster or Flyer. No download or plug-in required!
- Posters and Flyers are REAL! Yes, of course the Internet is real. But it’s certainly not physically present in the same way a well designed Poster or Flyer is. Give people something tangible, something they can feel, something they can touch. Give them Posters and Flyers!
With Posters and Flyers, you have the option of choosing from hundreds of templates. You can also create a custom Poster or Flyer that is completely unique to you and your audience. Or if you’d like to add your own, personal touch, choose a template that lets you upload your own image!